Avocado is one of the most nutrient-dense fruits. It is a superfood that is good to have as a late night snack.
Why Avocado is a Healthy Late Night Snack
1. Avocados are low in carbs, sugar and glycemic index. Eating avocado in moderation can help to regulate blood sugar levels. Fluctuations in blood sugar levels can prevent some people from getting a good night sleep.
2. Avocados are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats that are easily burned off. This type of fat increases good HDL cholesterol without increasing bad LDL cholesterol, and reduces triglycerides. The high fat content makes avocado a satiating snack.
Besides healthy fats, avocados are an excellent source of:
– phytonutrients (carotenoids, flavonoids, phytosterols)
– vitamins (K, B, C, E, folate)
– dietary fiber
– minerals (potassium. magnesium)
It’s no wonder that this superfood is highly beneficial for health!
Health Benefits of Avocados
– supports heart health
– increase absorption of fat-soluble nutrients such as carotenoids
– reduce bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL cholesterol
Avocado Snack Ideas
1. Avocado berry smoothie
Blend avocado, your choice of frozen/fresh berries and some water.
2. Avocado chocolate pudding
Blend avocado, unsweetened cocoa powder, your choice of milk, vanilla extract and honey or other sweetener until completely smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
3. Veggie sticks with avocado dip.